Monday, August 28, 2006

Coin Exchange

For the past 15 months, I accumulated hundreds of Singaporean coins. So, today I decided to deposit half of those metallic monetary units. When I went to the teller, she told me that the bank only accepts coin deposits on Tuesday and Thursday and there is a one-dollar charge for less than 200-piece coin deposits. In my home country, banks allow to deposit any day of the week (of course except those days that are holiday and weekends). In addition, there is no such thing as coin exchange charges in my home country. I am a bit surprise that the bank has this kind of policy. Maybe it is a good strategy for them to speed up the average time spent for each transaction to accommodate all customers. Based on my experience today, it really took a lot of time to deposit coins (the teller finished the transaction at around 8-10 mins compared with other customers, I think the average is around 2-5 mins). Oh well, that's the way it is. I wish that the existing cash deposit machines can accept coins too. :)
Maybe I will just make sure that I will use my remaining coins to buy small things such as drinks, newspapers and magazines. For my $0.50 and $1.00 coins, I can use them in some arcade such as those in Suntec. For the rest, I will save it into my coin collection... (so far I haven't started yet but I already have a few currencies such as Thai Baht, Philippine Peso, Chinese Yuan, US Dollar, Singaporean Dollar, UK Pound, Malaysian Ringgit)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home